CHAMPIONSHIP RACES 2019 SCHEDULE
- The January Handicap race, run as the final race in the 2018 series, will also be a counter for this year’s Championship. This will mean the 2019 championship will be completed after the final race in November. A Harriers social event is planned for December which will include the prize giving for this year’s championship. (This will be the pattern for future Championships)
- Races highlighted in GREEN are those included in the English Championships AND ARE NOT A PART OF OUR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP; several club members are looking to run in the national series.
- The three races organised by the Harriers, highlighted in ORANGE, can only go ahead with your support as marshals etc. PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUPPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO RACE ORGANISERS CAN SLEEP EASY AS THEIR RACE DATE APPROACHES!
- Chris Beesley has offered to organise two ‘fun’ events on Wednesday evenings during the summer. These are members only events instead of the regular training session.
- No races have been scheduled in August as this frequently conflicts with family holidays and has historically seen low participation in Championship races.
- Races which are on a Wednesday evening will replace the scheduled training session.
- The CRO Ingleborough event is not a race, but has been included so that members can support our local rescue organisation. (See scoring below). This is a sponsorship event. The minimum sponsorship donations are: £25/35Km, £15/20km.
- Entry fees. Most of the races included allow entry on the day, but many charge more for doing so-it’s easier for the organisers to have runners pre enter. Usually the extra is only a couple of pounds, but some, such as the Tour of Pendle, charge considerably more as a means of encouraging pre-entry.
- The club plan to enter the two major relay events in October. Teams for both will be identified nearer the time, but the plan is to enter our strongest teams in both events.
- Several of the races will also feature in the Junior Club Championship list – in the hope of making these enjoyable club and family days out. The overall objective is to get members out there competing – and hopefully having a great time as well!
CURRENT (and now FINAL) STANDINGS
Following the last race at Litton Birks