Junior Training resumes from 8th September – in a “Covid Secure Environment”
Under current government legislation and England Athletics guidelines, we are allowed to resume group training as long as we operate in a “COVID-19 secure environment”.
The latter involves us undertaking a COVID-19 action plan and risk assessments to help minimise risks of Covid-19 infection to athletes, coaches, parents & the public.
You may want to have a look at the current versions of these documents which can be downloaded from our website page here.
There will be some changes in the way we operate from 8th September as you will gather from these documents. In particular………..
- 0ur base from 8th September until the 20th October will be Settle College Playing Fields (behind the swimming pool). Giggleswick School are currently not accepting outside bookings
- we won’t have access to any indoor area including toilets
- we may have to impose a limit on the number of juniors we can cater for, at least to start with. We will decide this after we know how many children wish to attend (see questions in red below for you to answer)
- it will not be possible for juniors to attend training without our prior agreement
- we hope to run 4 groups – subject to availability of coaches and assistants.
- juniors will be allocated a training group and coach before the 1st session and on arrival they will report direct to that coach
- there will no mixing of the 4 groups
- we will expect juniors to be even better behaved than in normal circumstances (!) and to listen carefully to instructions
- juniors, coaches and parents will need to be socially distanced (ie 2 metres+ apart) both before, during and after the session
- training sessions will be modified to try and ensure that juniors stay 2m + apart
- we will be asking parents to make drop-off and pick-up of children as speedy a process as possible. Please do not linger for a chat with other parents etc – as this may look to others like a “social gathering”
- parents of all children wishing to attend will have to complete the “pre-activity health questionnaire” for their child before the first session and agree to us passing on contact details to NHS Track and Trace service if requested
- if government guidance changes or if local restrictions are imposed, we may of course have to suspend training sessions again. We will monitor the Covid situation & guidance closely
Because of all these extra complications and the possible need to limit numbers, we need to know as soon as possible whether your child WOULD OR WOULD NOT like to take part in junior training from Tuesday 8th September until 20th October (session time 5.45pm until 6.45m as before).
JUNIOR TRAINING FROM 8th SEPTEMBER UNTIL 20th OCTOBER (Venue: Settle College Playing fields)
Newcomers are always welcome!
Our Policies & Code of Conduct
MEET OUR COACHING TEAM
Here is a list of our current coaching team along with their UK Athletics qualifications.
All have appropriate DBS clearance.