RULES & SCORING
- 10 pts for starting a race
- 1 bonus point for finishing
- 1 bonus point for being in top 3/4 of either the boys or girls in your race
- 1 bonus points for being in top half of either the boys or girls in your race
- 1 bonus point for finishing in the top 1/4 of the boys or girls or boys in your race
- 1 bonus point for finishing in the top 3 girls or boys in your race
(so maximum points for a race is 15)
NB: If there is just 1 boy/girl in a race, 13 points will be awarded to that runner if they complete the race.
If there are a small number of boys or girls in any race (3 or less), scoring will be as follows:
- just 1 runner – 13 points will be awarded
- just 2 runners – 1st will get 14pts, 2nd will get 12
- just 3 runners – 1st = 14pts, 2nd = 13pts, 3rd = 12pts
You can run any number of the races, but if you run more than 6, your best scoring 6 will count for the championship.
There will be a prize-giving at the end of season – So get out there competing as points mean prizes !