We hope all our juniors and their parents enjoyed the Easter holidays !
Under current government legislation and England Athletics guidelines, we are allowed to resume group training as long as we operate in a “covid secure environment”.
The latter involves us having a Covid-19 action plan and risk assessments to help minimise risks of Covid-19 infection to athletes, coaches, parents & the general public.
We already have the above from when we resumed in September, but we will be re-visiting these to see if they need further refinements.
You may want to have a look at these documents – just click on the links below
From 13th April, please note the following in particular………..
- our base from 13th April will be Settle College Playing Fields (behind the swimming pool)
– we won’t have access to any indoor area including toilets
- we may have to impose a limit on the number of juniors we can cater for, at least to start with. We will decide this after we know how many children wish to attend.
- it will not be possible for juniors to attend training without our prior agreement
- as in September, we hope to run 4 groups – subject to availability of coaches and assistants.
- juniors will be allocated a training group and coach before the 1st session and on arrival they will report direct to that coach
- there will no mixing of the 4 groups
- we will expect juniors to be even better behaved than in normal circumstances (!) and to listen carefully to instructions
- juniors, coaches and parents will need to be socially distanced (ie 2 metres+ apart) both before, during and after the session
- training sessions will be modified to try and ensure that juniors stay 2m + apart
- we will be asking parents to make drop-off and pick-up of children as speedy a process as possible. Please do not linger for a chat with other parents etc – as this may look to others like a “social gathering”.
- as in September, parents of all children wishing to attend will have to complete a “pre-activity health questionnaire” for their child before the first session and agree to us passing on contact details to NHS Track and Trace service if requested.
- juniors must not attend training if they have possible Covid-19 symptoms or have tested positive for Covid-19 or if they have been instructed to “isolate”
- if government guidance changes or if local restrictions are imposed, we may have to suspend training sessions again. We will monitor the Covid-19 situation & guidance closely
Races for Juniors
Subject to the Covid-19 situation, it is likely that races for juniors will be held this summer in some form. Opportunities may be limited at first but by June-July some of our favourite fixtures should hopefully be returning. I will try and keep you up-to-date but if your child is desperate to race again, keep an eye on the FRA & BOFRA websites and other online sources. Once the situation is clearer, we will look at options for having some sort of Junior Club Championships this year.
Annual Subscriptions and Training Fees
The club will NOT be charging the annual £35 junior training fees this year (due to all the cancelled sessions last year and this year). The club’s Committee recently went further and decided that junior club membership this year is FREE (normally £10). I am aware however that a few parents have paid their child’s 2021 membership fee already. To ease the admin on this, we would be grateful if parents this applies to could either treat the payment as a “credit” against next year’s membership or as a donation which the club will pass on the CRO – our local mountain rescue service. If parents in this situation could let me know their preferred option, I will pass this on to our Treasurer to process.